When we at Apex Video Productions spend hours of our creative and technical energy to make a video production look as high quality as possible, we cringe when clients ask for their video on DVD. When, for the price of a cup of coffee, our clients can playback their video in HD quality from their iPad.
Many of our clients have had us produce a company, product or testimonial video for use at a trade show. Video played on monitors or projectors at a booth is definitely an attention grabber and equates to more visitors to your booth.
We recommend that our clients use the OPlayer HD app available through iTunes. The nice thing about this App is that it will play your video in HD compared to the Standard Definition available through a DVD. We actually have to downgrade the HD quality of a video project to put it on a standard DVD. We hate to see our videos loose some of their beautiful quality when we know that this is avoidable with this app.
When paired with an Apple 30-pin Digital AV Adapter (Which can be purchased at an office supply or consumer electronics store) the OPlayer HD App will output video content in HD quality through an HDMI cable. Most newer monitors and projectors have and HDMI input. For a trade show use there are also kiosk stand units available that mount your iPad at waist level for easy interaction. This AV adapter also allows an iPad AC adapter to be used to continually power it from an electrical outlet.
We created a video (of course) that goes through the steps of how we send large video files to our clients through YouSendit and how to go about downloading that video file and putting it on their iPad OPlayer HD App.
Here is an outline of the steps.
1. You will receive an email from YouSendit that contains a link to your video file.
2. Click on the “Here’s the link to this file” link and your browser should open.
3. If not, then copy and paste that link into a web browser.
4. Right click the “Download” button, and click “Download linked file as…”
5. Save the file somewhere on your computer (remember where you save it to).
6. Connect your iPad to your computer and open iTunes.
7. Under “Devices” click on your iPad. It should bring you to the “Summary” page.
8. Click on “Apps” button to the right of the “Summary” button.
9. Scroll down to the bottom of the page to “File Sharing.”
10. Under “File Sharing / Apps” click on the OPlayer HD App (Which you should have already purchased.
11. Click the “Add” button, navigate to the location where you saved the file.
12. Click “Open.”
13. iTunes will copy that video file to the OPlayer HD App.
14. When completed that video file will appear in your iPad OPlayer HD App “Documents” folder.
Would you like us to create a video for your trade show and tach you how to play it at your booth? If so then give us a call today to schedule a time to meet, (336) 403-9273 or fill out our contact form. We offer a free consultation.